Outside General Counsel
Ross M. Piscitelli, Esq., Founding Member of Piscitelli Law Firm, PLLC, acts as Outside General Counsel to a variety of closely held businesses, many of them family businesses, across market segments such as beverage and food distribution, luxury retail, automotive, media, risk management, insurance and lighting manufacturing. In this capacity, Ross uses his varied experience to act as a legal and strategic advisor to his clients on multiple levels including day-to-day business operations, labor and employment, contract review and negotiation, commercial transactions, communications and public relations, succession planning and compliance matters. Ross has extensive experience representing multiple large beverage distribution companies, advising ownership and management on supplier distribution agreements and relationships, alcohol licensing, transportation issues, trade practice and corporate compliance under the NYS Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, and industry specific personnel and staffing matters. This representation of the wholesale tier also includes appearances before the NYS Liquor Authority.
Ross M. Piscitelli, Esq., Founding Member of Piscitelli Law Firm, PLLC, works with outside attorneys, in-house counsel and Human Resources professionals to conduct impartial investigations involving claims of harassment, discrimination, misconduct, fraud and work rule violations. Following an efficient yet comprehensive investigation that includes detailed witness interviews and a review of all relevant documentary evidence in the context of applicable law, policy and rule, Ross will provide detailed findings of fact, reasoned conclusions and recommendations in a confidential written post-investigation report.
With experience gained from years handling sensitive and complex employment and personnel matters for a variety of corporate clients, state agencies, municipalities and school districts, including the New York State Police and New York Governor’s Office of Employee Relations, Ross conducts thorough, discreet and timely workplace investigations on behalf of both private and public sector clients.
As a skilled workplace investigator, Ross ensures his clients have the information and corresponding analysis they need to make sound and credible personnel decisions while minimizing liability, avoiding conflicts of interest and protecting confidential information.
Ross M. Piscitelli, Esq., Founding Member of Piscitelli Law Firm, PLLC, is an experienced certified mediator providing neutral mediation services in both labor and employment and commercial contract matters. Ross has spent twenty years directly involved with various of forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, including mediation and arbitration, and has represented both management and labor clients, something which gives him the unique ability to view and understand both sides of a labor dispute or collective bargaining impasse.
In addition, Ross uses his experience in negotiating and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts to successfully mediate disputes regarding contractual matters.
Ross trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution at the Scheinman School of ADR at Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and serves on the following mediation panels:
New York State Public Employment Relations Board Office of Conciliation – Mediation Panel
Cornell University ILR – Mediation Panel
NYS Fourth Judicial District Panel of Neutrals
Ross M. Piscitelli, Esq. is the Founding Member of Piscitelli Law Firm, PLLC, and started the boutique firm to use his twenty years of varied legal experience to serve a select list of clients throughout the state of New York and New York City.
- Represents closely held companies across market segments as Outside General Counsel to advise clients on legal and strategic matters involving day-to-day business operations, labor and employment, contract negotiation and drafting, commercial transactions, public relations and communications, succession planning and compliance matters.
- Represents closely held companies in negotiating, reviewing and drafting high value and complex commercial contracts across a broad range of industries and business types to include Distribution, Asset Purchase and Sale, Employment, Licensing, Personal Services, Sponsorship, Non-Disclosure, Separation and Indemnity.
- Conducts comprehensive and efficient workplace investigations involving allegations of harassment, discrimination, misconduct and work rule violations.
- Certified labor and commercial mediator with experience mediating labor, collective bargaining and contract disputes and serving on various statewide neutral panels.
- Represents clients before the New York State Liquor Authority, including for compliance and licensing matters.
- Represented the New York State Police in labor and employment matters, collective bargaining and personnel investigations.
- Represented the New York Executive Branch in labor negotiations, arbitration, mediation, and employment matters.
- Represented uniformed Members of the New York State Police on behalf of the New York State Troopers PBA during interrogations in conjunction with critical incidents and administrative investigations conducted by the Professional Standards Bureau of the Division of State Police.
- Admitted to practice in New York State and the US District Court.
- Member of the New York State and Saratoga County Bar Associations.
- Serves as Executive Director to the Signal 30 Benefit Fund, a 501(c)(3) charity supporting Members of the New York State Police and other law enforcement personnel.
- Graduate of Bucknell University and Albany Law School.
To contact Ross or or make an appointment, please email via the contact form provided below. Or you can call directly on the number provided on this page.